Line Cook (James Island) APPLY NOW
538 Folly Road, Charleston SC 29412
18 - 20 usd /
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of restaurant production to include, but not limited to, all menu items supplied by outlet kitchen. Everything in its place to satisfaction of Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Executive Chef.
Duties, Responsibilities, Station Requirements:
- All line cooks are responsible for handling, storing and rotation all food on their station.
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by Home Team.
- Must maintain a clean and organized station while practicing good safety and sanitation skills during prep and service times.
- AM Back-Up Sets up steam table on Front Line with appropriate water levels and pans in place. Follows 'Daily Backup Sheet' and heats up all food to proper temperatures for service.
- PM Back-Up Checks the steam table on Front Line with appropriate water levels and pans in place. Follows 'Daily Backup Sheet' and heats up all food to proper temperatures to maintain par levels during service.
- AM/PM Prep Follows prep list created by Executive Chef or Sous Chef using set recipes.
- AM/PM Line Cook Responsible for preparing the food items from their station.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize work and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines of food displays.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment.
- Follow recipes, to increase or decrease recipe as needed.
- Work in a fast paced, intense work environment, under sometimes extreme heat and stress.
- 100% -- Stands during entire shift.
- 75% -- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
- 20% -- Carries 40 lbs. about ten times per shift. over medium distances (20-30 feet).
10% -- Verbally communicates with fellow co-workers.|||538 Folly Road, Charleston SC 29412|||||||||kjd_msxRe~Y4AGZh|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||18|||20|||true