Set up product for functions, retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to service areas, in accordance to company standards. Complete other cleaning projects as assigned. Transport equipment and wares to and from locations. Endure abundant physical movements in performing job functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the cleanliness of all dishes and food preparation equipment as well as perform routine cleaning tasks, while practicing good safety and satiation skills. At times, the dishwasher may also be asked to assist with meal prep.
- Handles trash and recyclables and put them in appropriate bins outside.
- Assist kitchen managers as needed
- Check in deliveries as needed
- Assist in kitchen cleaning
- Opening Steward Set up dish pit and machine. Places trash cans in appropriate places prior to prep team arrives. Must maintain a clean and organized station while practicing good safety and sanitation skills during prep and service times. Handles trash and recyclables and puts them in appropriate bins outside.
- Closing Steward Performs duties described above and is responsible for cleaning kitchen during closing. Closes the dish pit and follows procedures provided by Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Executive Chef.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 1-year professional culinary experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, work flexible shifts and work effectively with co-workers.
- Must be able to work with guest and take constructive criticism.
- High School diploma required
- Basic knife handling
- Understanding of kitchen equipment operation
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Reading and basic mathematics
- 100%--Stands during entire shift.
- 75%--Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- The ability to carry and transport heavy trays and chafing dishes about thirty times per shift is required.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate stability. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position which includes adherence to time restraints.
Position is subject to inside environmental conditions but may be exposed to cleaning chemicals and extreme heat.|||925 Houston Northcutt Blvd, Mount Pleasant SC 29464|||||||||5i5buQjpKLm-bMc2|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||18|||20|||true